|POSITION:||Operations Executive – Fabs (OE)|
|LOCATION:||USA – Hamburg, Germany|
|POSTING DATE:||November 1, 2018|
COMPANY OVERVIEW www.unimacts.com
Unimacts is a leader in the Industrial Manufacturing Services (IMS) space. Unimacts offers contract manufacturing and supply chain management services to industrial OEMs in North America and Europe. Unimacts provides castings, forgings, fabrications, assemblies, and machine shop services as well as complimentary quality, supply chain, and engineering services. These products and services are delivered from Unimacts’ network of supply sources primarily located in low-cost countries.
The OE is the heart of the company. The OE supports all aspects of the Unimacts sell to cash process. The OE supports sales calls, helps define the best solution for the customer and takes responsibility for execution of that solution. The OE oversees and manages the profitability of projects by establishing total cost targets, collaborating with the Sales Exec for customer pricing, and by leading the global team of Project Managers to deliver product at or under the cost target.
The OE reviews customer RFQs, drawings, and technical details. The OE manages the project technical specifications. This includes responding to queries from customers and suppliers as well as reconciling differences and obtaining customer approval of any non-conformances throughout the RFQ and mfg. processes. The OE leads the FAI, PPAP, or other customer documentation and approval processes once contracts are awarded.
The OE is a unique role – they must be able to see the big picture and manage a P&L, while also being able to get deep into the technicalities of a specification. The OE must be comfortable with a VP of Supply Chain and a young welder on the shop floor.
This OE will spend 20% of their time in our Operations Center in Hanover PA, 20% of their time at our global supply factories, 20% of their time at local PA customer locations and 40% of their time in their home office.
- Detail oriented, hands-on, self-starter, enjoys leading projects and ad-hoc global teams
- 5+ years of engineering, manufacturing or sourcing of engineered mechanical components
- 2+ years of supply chain experience in industrial welded-fabrications (MANDATORY)
- Solid understanding of the sourcing process, from specification and RFQ to approval and delivery
- Strong understanding of welding process design, welding qualification, and welding quality (including NDT – DT, MT, RT, UT, etc.)
- Knowledge of relevant industry standards and specifications (ASTM, AWS, EN, ISO etc.)
- Strong in technical drawing comprehension and understanding of (GD&T) principles
- Solid understanding of a PPAP process – process flows, control plans, FMEA, Gauge R&R, etc.
- Proficient in the use of MS Word, Excel, Databases, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Basic understanding of accounting processes – POs, invoices, etc.
- Sourcing and supply chain consulting – ability to lead a consulting project
- Familiarity with supply chain planning and execution systems
- Low-cost country supply chain experience
- Knowledge of Lean-Sigma and ISO 900x certification requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Industrial, or Manufacturing engineering
Compensation: Competitive base salary plus quarterly bonus based on performance
For consideration, please e-mail your resume, cover letter and compensation history to email@example.com.