|POSITION:||Project Manager (PM)|
|LOCATION:||India – Pune|
|POSTING DATE:||March 8, 2018|
COMPANY OVERVIEW www.unimacts.com
Unimacts is a leader in the Industrial Manufacturing Services (IMS) space. Unimacts offers contract manufacturing and supply chain management services to industrial OEMs in North America and Europe. Unimacts provides castings, forgings, fabrications, assemblies, and machine shop services as well as complimentary quality, supply chain, and engineering services. These products and services are delivered from Unimacts’ network of supply sources primarily located in low-cost countries.
Unimacts is seeking a Sourcing Project Manager (PM) for its India Operations. The key responsibilities of this person are to identify, screen, qualify and continuously coach and improve regional suppliers to meet Unimacts’ stringent quality standards for engineered industrial products and assemblies. The PM will work with these suppliers and with our U.S. and European customers taking ownership of all elements of product introduction from RFQ through FAI and obtaining sample part approvals to successfully bring parts into production ensuring all introduction timelines are achieved. Working with the suppliers the PM will then be responsible for the ongoing delivery of documented, qualified products to meet the customers schedule requirements. To achieve these goals the PM will need to be able to manage the supplier’s production schedule, quality control, and logistics in India to meet our customers’ requirements, and as needed, communicate directly to India based Unimacts team as well as the Unimacts and Customer personnel in North America and Europe.
- 8 years experience in an industrial manufacturing environment, primarily in production, procurement or quality/process control
- Ability to read factory drawings and bill-of-materials; understand GD&T
- Strong computer skills – MS Exel, MS Word, email, internet browser, etc.
- Excellent attention to detail and is highly organized.
- Multilingual – local language fluency plus strong written English and spoken English skills
- University degree
- Understanding of the sourcing process and basic supplier management
- Basic understanding of manufacturing cost analysis
- Understanding of quality systems
- 8-15 years of engineering, manufacturing or sourcing of engineered mechanical components, including sourcing and supply chain project experience
- Experience with supply contracts, global logistics, and import/export
- Experience with manufacturing, approval, and quality control of industrial goods exported to Western Customers
- Monitoring the production line and doing periodic Quality Control checks.
- Implementing improvements to production processes that lead to overall increases in product quality
- Experience in CAD and CAM systems and solid modeling (e.g. Solidworks, Pro-Engineer, Unigraphics, etc.)
- Supporting supplier approval process – manufacturing, technology, and EHS
- Knowledge of Six Sigma, ISO 900x certification requirements, PPAP, etc.
- Driven continuous improvement of supplier’s quality, cycle, and delivery performance through Six Sigma and Lean
- Project management experience – has delivered projects from concept into production
- Exemplary teamwork & leadership skills
- High degree of flexibility and “can do” attitude. Ability to work with a very limited level of instruction and supervision
- Investigating causes of quality problems and proposing solutions
- Experience with western manufacturing techniques (5S, lean manufacturing, JIT, etc.)
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical, Industrial, or Manufacturing engineering
- Driver’s license and skills
Compensation: Competitive base salary plus quarterly bonus based on performance
Travel: 40 to 50% Travel – Mostly Domestic and possibly international