Buyer – Planner
Mexico – Tijuana
March, 24 2022
Unimacts (UNX) is a leader in the Industrial Manufacturing Services space. UNX offers contract manufacturing and supply chain management services to industrial OEMs globally with a focus on the alternative energy sectors of solar and wind. UNX provides castings, forgings, fabrications, assemblies, and machine shop services, as well as complimentary quality, supply chain, and engineering services. UNX provides these solutions from its own factories in Mexico and Spain, operations centers in USA and Europe, and from partner supply factories around the world.
Unimacts is seeking a Buyer Planner for its Tijuana Operations. This position will report directly to the Logistics Manager. The Buyer Planner will work closely with our global supply chain. This position will play an essential role in aligning our material availability to our production plan, to ensure production schedules can be met in a way that achieves our on-time delivery goals. This role provides an essential communication point and drives action locally as well as throughout our global supply chain it is a key interface providing support and communication between suppliers and management.
- Planning and purchasing of raw material and components to support the Unimacts Tijuana facility.
- Ensure material availability is aligned with the requirements of the production plan.
- Recommend and where necessary carry out detailed changes to the production plan or material schedules.
- Interface with suppliers to ensure on time delivery is achieved at budgeted costs.
- Prevent material shortages.
- Establish inventory levels of components and raw materials.
- Manage inventory to maximize inventory turns.
- Carry out inventory analysis as needed to validate stock levels and audit system transactions.
- Analyze messages from and MRP system and place orders in a timely manner.
- Forecast and plan assigned commodities at the SKU level.
- Manage suppliers to reduce costs, improve quality, control inventories, and ensure timely flow of material.
- Monitor and report key metrics.
- Initiate continuous improvements based on the performance metrics.
- B.S. degree Supply Chain Management and/or equivalent work experience.
- General knowledge of Mexico import/export processes and international supply chain.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience purchasing raw materials in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience buying components from local, US based and international sources.
- Previous experience with an electric motor or electrical / electronic supply base would be an advantage.
- Experience in buying steel and commodity type raw materials.
- Working knowledge and in-depth understanding of MRP concepts including bills of material / engineering change etc.
- Must be “hands on” with strong problem-solving acumen.
- Strong analytical skills with attention to details.
- Required to have an extensive working knowledge of PC functions and Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and MS Teams.
- Excellent communication skills: Bilingual English Spanish.
- Strong interpersonal skills, works independently, displays initiative, and solves problems with proficiency.
- Purchase Price Variance
- Inventories vs plan
- Material shortages
- Supplier Performance to plan
Compensation: Competitive, bonus eligible
Travel: Minimal – 10%, domestic and US