Denver, CO or Las Vegas, NV
Unimacts is a contract manufacturing and supply chain management company that focuses on the solar and wind industries. The company has operations in the US, Mexico, Spain, India and China. Unimacts’ primary end market of solar will be undergoing significant and rapid growth in light of the recent Inflation Reduction Act. This is an opportunity to join a fast-paced and dynamic company in the renewable energy markets. In addition, the parent company of Unimacts is backed by industry leading VC companies that have invested in some of the most well-known VC-backed companies in the world.
The Corporate Controller will play an integral role in leading overall corporate accounting functions including the month-end close, financial reporting, and integration of new locations and entities added to the business. The Controller will lead an accounting team in multiple locations including Mexico, Spain, India and China.
Characteristics Needed for Success
- A strong strategic thinker looking for opportunity to help lead a high growth, dynamic business.
- Someone highly motivated to add value and deliver results, driven by an innate sense of urgency.
- Someone attentive to detail, personally committed to quality.
- Someone with manufacturing finance and cost accounting experience, including inventory controls, planning and forecasting, reporting and analysis, and capital management highly desirable.
- Someone with experience working in manufacturing ERP systems (QuickBooks, Fishbowl, Dynamics 365).
- Someone with experience implementing new ERP system in manufacturing environment.
- Someone with strong interpersonal communication skills and a desire to build effective relationships across company functions and international borders.
- A professional able to operate with high regard to integrity, trust, and ethics.
- Someone with a strong working knowledge of US GAAP.
- Process, systems, and solutions oriented.
- Desires to lead, coach, and train others.
- Positive, curious, high energy, and creative.
- Serve as a business partner to CFO and leadership team.
- Oversee and improve month-end closing process including consolidation and review of financial results.
- Manage accounting teams and resources across Mexico, Spain, India and China.
- Execution of monthly internal and external reporting packages including key KPI reporting and forecasting.
- Assess accounting operations and staff to develop key recommendations for standardization, process improvements, increased reporting accuracy and close acceleration. Lead implementation of these improvements.
- Support leadership and department managers with financial and performance insights and reporting for better business decisions.
- Lead annual budget process collaborating with leadership and department managers.
- Drive cost management and budget accountability monthly, identifying corrective actions with leadership.
- Support the development of business and financial acumen across cross-functional team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or related field.
- CPA, CMA, MBA or Six Sigma designation a plus.
- Experience within manufacturing industries and businesses with international operations.
- 8+ years of progressive accounting experience, including management of staff and ownership of reporting.
- Combination of public accounting and private enterprise (private equity or VC backed) experience is highly valued.
- Ability to speak and understand Spanish a plus.
Compensation: Competitive base salary plus quarterly bonus based on performance
Travel: 25 to 35% travel – both domestic and international
This can be a hybrid office / remote position. The company is opening a new manufacturing facility in Las Vegas, NV, so would prefer a candidate that can be onsite periodically.
For consideration, please e-mail your resume and cover letter to email@example.com