Unimacts has been supplying the Construction Machinery market for over 10 years now and has delivered thousands of containers of assemblies, fabrications, castings, slewing rings, etc. as well as provided various engineering and drawing services. Construction Machinery is one of our top 3 markets globally: the products purchased by the Industry are right in our sweet spot.
We have had nice success in the market because the priorities of the Industry are perfectly aligned with the Unimacts operating priorities:
- Safety – if these welds, castings, fasteners, etc. fail people can die
- Quality/Reliability – if parts are not to spec. either a line goes down, or a machine eventually goes down in the field
- Productivity/Cost – the pressures on the OEMs to reduce costs is relentless – we must keep finding ways to take cost out
- Flexibility – OEMs must be more responsive to the market – rapidly evolving designs, highly variable demand, etc. – so supply chains need to be lean and flexible
- Fabrications – heavy, medium and light gauge fabrications, with verified materials from certified mills and fabrication work done in modern shops to AWS standards
- Castings – iron, steel, and aluminum – fully certified, with many being x-ray quality.
- Slewing Rings – highly engineered, precision manufactured, safety-critical main rings
- Misc. Parts – pins, specialty fasteners, bushings, etc.
- Assemblies – ideally Unimacts delivers these parts as assemblies or sub-assemblies finish painted, with custom colors, fully inspected, line ready parts, delivered just-in-time.