Las Vegas, Nevada
Unimacts (UNX) is a leader in the Industrial Manufacturing Services space. UNX offers contract manufacturing and supply chain management services to industrial OEMs globally with a focus on the alternative energy sectors of solar and wind. UNX provides castings, forgings, fabrications, assemblies, and machine shop services, as well as complimentary quality, supply chain, and engineering services. UNX provides these solutions from its own factories in Mexico and Spain, operations centers in USA and Europe, and from partner supply factories around the world.
Unimacts is looking for a Logistics Manager for its Las Vegas, Nevada operations. Our employees are “industrial business athletes” and can be effective in many roles, the key responsibility of this person is to both lead and where needed take a “hands on” active role in the development of our US plant and local supply chain capabilities.
The Logistics Manager will be responsible for the overall supply chain management. The Logistics Manager responsibilities include organizing and monitoring storage and distribution of goods. This role will manage the entire order cycle to enhance business development and ensure sustainability and customer satisfaction. The role will work closely with the Quality department.
- Strategically plan and manage logistics, warehouse, transportation, and customer services.
- Direct, optimize and coordinate full order cycle.
- Liaise and negotiate with suppliers, manufacturers, retailers, and consumers.
- Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency.
- Arrange warehouse, catalog goods, plan routes and process shipments.
- Resolve any arising problems or complaints.
- Supervise, coach and train warehouse workforce.
- Meet cost, productivity, accuracy, and timeliness targets.
- Maintain metrics and analyze data to assess performance and implement improvements.
- Comply with laws, regulations, and ISO requirements.
Requirements and Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Strong leadership skills, independent thinking, strong organizational and planning abilities, and excellent analytical and problem-solving skills are essential.
- Strong safety and environmental knowledge.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office and Quality Management software.
- Excellent communication skills, bilingual in English/Spanish a plus.
- Sense of urgency and drive to respond to problems and establish systems to minimize either planned or unplanned disruptions of manufacturing.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or related work experience.
- Proven working experience as a logistics.
- Five years experience in a managerial role.
- Steel Tube mill experience, preferred.
- Experience in Steel Industry.
- Record of successful distribution and logistics.
- Demonstrable ability to lead and manage staff.
- Proficient in standard logistics.
- Prior experience with ERP, Fishbowl experience a plus.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects.
- BS in Business Administration, Logistics or Supply Chain.
- Experience with Lean manufacturing and continuous improvement preferred.
- Six Sigma certification a plus.
- Experience working with a quality control system (i.e., ISO9001) preferred.
Compensation: Competitive base salary plus quarterly performance-based bonus
For consideration, please e-mail your resume, cover letter and compensation history to email@example.com