Las Vegas, Nevada
Unimacts (UNX) is a leader in the Industrial Manufacturing Services space. UNX offers contract manufacturing and supply chain management services to industrial OEMs globally with a focus on the alternative energy sectors of solar and wind. UNX provides castings, forgings, fabrications, assemblies, and machine shop services, as well as complimentary quality, supply chain, and engineering services. UNX provides these solutions from its own factories in Mexico and Spain, operations centers in USA and Europe, and from partner supply factories around the world.
Unimacts is looking for a Maintenance Manager for its Las Vegas, Nevada operations. Our employees are “industrial business athletes” and can be effective in many roles, the key responsibility of this person is to both lead and where needed take a “hands on” active role in the development of our US plant and local supply chain capabilities.
The Maintenance Manager manages and directs the maintenance programs and processes to ensure timely and effective production. Conducts machine setup, troubleshooting, repairs, and preventive maintenance service. Coordinates with other management staff to ensure efficiency in preventative maintenance and new equipment installation. Foster a well-trained and motivated staff.
- Ensures all safety and environmental standards related to the plant and equipment are being met, that any maintenance repairs are carried out in line with the appropriate safety procedures. (i.e., lock out tag out etc.) and that maintenance staff are trained and where needed certified to the appropriate standards.
- Comply with OSHA Safety and Health rules.
- Ensures effective employee relations. Provides employee coaching and development. Makes employment decisions. Resolves employee issues through problem resolution.
- Responsible for developing, implementing, and continuously improving the Total Preventative Maintenance process for the Nevada plant and equipment.
- Develop and manage the implementation of long-term goals and daily activities of the Maintenance Department.
- Direct long-term initiatives related to machinery, tooling, and plant infrastructure.
- Manage various technical projects, such as new equipment installation and energy conservation.
- Manage and direct all maintenance sub-contracts for chillers, overhead cranes, air compressors, alarm systems, etc. Ensure that contractors adhere to safe working practices and procedures.
- Work closely with the Production Manager to maximize machine run time.
- Monitors the use and inventories of spare parts, maintenance supplies, and equipment and initiates reordering when necessary.
- Track machine downtime for preventative and reactive circumstances.
- Maintains adherence to company policies, and Unimacts Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost principles.
- Leads the Maintenance Team appropriately in a way that fits withing a lean operations environment and promotes cross functional teamwork and contribution.
Requirements and Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Strong leadership skills, independent thinking, strong organizational and planning abilities, and excellent analytical and problem-solving skills are essential.
- Thorough knowledge of plant and equipment electrical and mechanical operating principles and control systems.
- Strong safety and environmental knowledge.
- Proven expertise in TPM (Total Productive Maintenance) and OEE (overall Equipment Effectiveness) programs.
- Strong experience executing cost-effective corporate contracts and negotiation.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and react quickly to emergency situations.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office and Quality Management software.
- Excellent communication skills, bilingual in English/Spanish a plus.
- Sense of urgency and drive to respond to problems and establish systems to minimize either planned or unplanned disruptions of manufacturing.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or related work experience.
- Five years plant/general management experience in a manufacturing durable setting required.
- Seven to ten years experience in Maintenance management, with a solid track record of predictive/preventative maintenance experience required.
- Five years experience in a managerial role.
- Steel Tube mill experience, preferred.
- Experience in Steel Industry,
- Working knowledge of budgets and financial statements required.
- Drill and machining operations proven experience.
- Experience with Lean manufacturing and continuous improvement preferred.
- Six Sigma certification a plus.
- PLC programming, preferred.
- Manufacturing software experience preferred.
- Experience working with a quality control system (i.e., ISO9001) preferred.
Compensation: Competitive base salary plus quarterly performance-based bonus.
Contact: For Consideration, please e-mail your resume, cover letter and compensation history to email@example.com