Operation Executive – Solar
Unimacts is a contract manufacturing and supply chain management company that focuses on the solar and wind industries. The company has operations in the US, Mexico, Spain, India and China. Unimacts’ primary end market of solar will be undergoing significant and rapid growth in light of the recent Inflation Reduction Act. This is an opportunity to join a fast-paced and dynamic company in the renewable energy markets. In addition, the parent company of Unimacts is backed by industry leading VC companies that have invested in some of the most well-known VC-backed companies in the world.
The Operations Executive (OE) is an instrumental role in the company. The OE supports all aspects of the Unimacts sell to cash process. The OE supports sales calls, helps define the best solution for the customer and takes responsibility for execution of that solution in our operations. The OE oversees and manages the profitability of projects by establishing total cost targets, collaborating with the Sales Exec for customer pricing, and by leading the global team of Project Managers to deliver product at or under the cost target.
The OE is responsible to review customer RFQs, drawings and technical details, and to oversee the conversion of these requests into manufactured high quality, low-cost products that are delivered on-time, every-time. The OE manages the project technical specifications. This includes responding to queries from customers and suppliers as well as reconciling differences and obtaining customer approval of any non-conformances throughout the RFQ and mfg. processes. The OE leads the FAI, PPAP, or other customer documentation and approval processes once contracts are awarded.
The Operations Executive is:
- Detail oriented, hands on, self-starter, enjoys leading projects and ad-hoc global teams.
- Assertive, a strong communicator, a hard worker, agile, and can wear multiple hats at once.
- Able to multi-task, prioritize and institute and maintain organization.
- Able navigate the minutia of a project, while also strategically leading a greater big picture.
- Process, systems, and solutions oriented.
- Desires to lead, coach, and train others.
- Results oriented and wants to take action to drive our value to our customers.
- Positive, curious, high energy, and creative.
The Operations Executive will:
- Have 5-10 years of engineering, manufacturing or sourcing of engineered mechanical components.
- Have 5+ years of supply chain experience in industrial Steel structural components ( tubes, rails, W beams, assemblies).
- Have a solid understanding of the sourcing process, from specification and RFQ to approval and delivery.
- Have a basic understanding of industrial manufacturing processes – hot and cold forming, fabrications, stamping, assemblies, etc.
- Have a solid understanding of a PPAP process and New Product Introduction (NPI).
- Have a solid understanding of accounting processes and the actions and steps that can be taken to drive improvement in a P&L.
- Be able to work cooperatively with factories, domestic and international, company staff, customers and suppliers to ensure that delivery deadlines and quality standards are met.
- Establish and leverage KPIs to evaluate performance, quality and accuracy and to drive continuous improvement through Unimacts operations.
- Participate on cross-functional teams to build a culture of operational excellence and innovation.
- Maintain a motivated and dedicated approach with customers and team members.
- Communicate effectively to ensure team members understand account goals, policies and procedures.
- Be proficient in English (written, spoken).
- Be proficient in the use of MS Word, Excel, Databases, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Industrial, or Manufacturing engineering.
- Sourcing and supply chain consulting – ability to lead a consulting project
- Familiarity with supply chain planning and execution systems
- Low-cost country supply chain experience
- ISO 9001and similar quality management systems certification requirements
- Engineering Masters, a plus
Compensation: Competitive base salary plus semi-annual bonus based on performance
Travel: 25 to 35% travel – both domestic and international
This is a remote position, ideally candidate will be on the East Coast
For consideration, please e-mail your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org