Las Vegas, Nevada
Unimacts (UNX) is a leader in the Industrial Manufacturing Services space. UNX offers contract manufacturing and supply chain management services to industrial OEMs globally with a focus on the alternative energy sectors of solar and wind. UNX provides castings, forgings, fabrications, assemblies, and machine shop services, as well as complimentary quality, supply chain, and engineering services. UNX provides these solutions from its own factories in Mexico and Spain, operations centers in USA and Europe, and from partner supply factories around the world.
Unimacts is looking for a Plant Manager for its Las Vegas, Nevada operations. Our employees are “industrial business athletes” and can be effective in many roles, the key responsibility of this person is to both lead and where needed take a “hands on” active role in the development of our US plant and local supply chain capabilities.
The Plant Manager will direct manufacturing and warehousing operations through a team of functional managers and front-line supervisors. The Plant Manager is accountable for the achievement of planned performance objectives and product quality, while constantly striving to create an environment that promotes continuous improvement, teamwork, and pride in workmanship. Responsible for preparing, monitoring, and achieving the budget, according to defined production goals and key performance indicators.
- Manages policy deployment in the areas of Lean Manufacturing techniques, quality, cost reduction, complete and on-time delivery, safety, customer satisfaction, employee relations, visual controls and plant performance measures.
- Provides leadership for employee relations through effective communications, coaching, training, and development.
- Provides leadership for problem resolution to facilitate faster improvements and improved working relationships.
- Serves as an escalation point and can help to build and support customer relationships.
- Manages material requirements to increase inventory turns and reduce levels on hand.
- Balances work cell capacity/loading across the plant.
- Determines operations headcount needs and ensures compliance with company policies. Oversees additional hiring practices, as approved.
- Ensures compliance with company needs for capital investments and improvement projects.
- Oversee all Inbound and Outbound Operations including scheduling and coordination of each inbound container and outbound truck either directly or through supporting staff.
- Directs inspections on all inbound material to include documentation of defects via photo and standard Unimacts NCI reporting.
- Directs QA/QC on all inventory counts, tagging, FIFO and reconciliations weekly/monthly.
- Manages compliance with state and national regulations.
- Maintains adherence to company policies, quality/safety/environmental standards as outlined in roles and responsibilities of ISO 9001.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Requirements and Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Strong leadership skills, independent thinking, strong organizational and planning abilities and excellent analytical and problem-solving skills are essential.
- Excellent computer skills to include Microsoft Office and Quality Management software.
- Excellent communication skills, bilingual in English/Spanish a plus.
- Sense of urgency and drive to respond to problems and establish systems to minimize either planned or unplanned disruptions of manufacturing.
- Measurement of performance to company goals and standards and establishment of targets for improvements in safety, quality, cost, delivery and employee relations.
- Employee training and development.
- Technical skills in materials and inventory management, production scheduling, and preventive maintenance.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience in Steel Tube manufacturing and secondary Tube processes (Drilling, bending, swaging).
- Minimum of ten years in plant/warehouse/general management experience in a manufacturing durable setting required.
- Experience in Steel or heavy industrial Industry preferred.
- Working knowledge of budgets and financial statements required.
- Experience with Lean manufacturing and continuous improvement required.
- Six Sigma certification a plus.
- Ability to lead from experience – demonstrate forklift skills, support manufacturing operations, etc.
- Experience with SAP systems and manufacturing software experience preferred.
- Experience working with a control quality system (i.e., ISO9001) preferred.
Compensation: Competitive base salary plus quarterly performance-based bonus
For consideration, please e-mail your resume, cover letter and compensation history to firstname.lastname@example.org