Unimacts (UNX) is a leader in the Industrial Manufacturing Services space. UNX offers contract manufacturing and supply chain management services to industrial OEMs globally with a focus on the alternative energy sectors of solar and wind. UNX provides casting, forgings, fabrications, assemblies, and machine shop services, as well as complimentary quality, supply chain, and engineering services. UNX provides these solutions from its own factories in Mexico and Spain, operations centers in USA and Europe, and from partner supply factories around the world.
Unimacts is looking for a Quality Manager for its Houston, Texas operations. Our employees are “industrial business athletes” and can be effective in many roles, the key responsibility of this person is to both lead and where needed take a “hands on” active role in the development of our US plant and local supply chain capabilities. The Quality Manager is responsible of develop, implementing, maintain and measure the effectiveness of the quality system to ensure the development of products according to internal quality standards established by customers and / or applicable regulations are met.
- Ensures compliance with Quality Objectives and the effectiveness of corrective measures.
- Coordinates compliance with inspection procedures to ensure quality requirements.
- Coordinates the Administration of quality systems and applicable certification systems including the development, maintenance and updating of process documentation and records.
- Supervises the Calibration System of the measuring and test equipment to ensure proper maintenance and care of equipment used to validate compliance to Customer specifications.
- Directly attends to analysis of failures, nonconformities and requests for information from the client.
- Prepares and manages the objectives and budgets of your department, as well as validating and authorizing the procedures and operating standards.
- Responsible for selecting, training, developing, motivating and acting as a facilitator of its Staff.
- Responsible for managing the performance of its staff; and to promote and maintain interdepartmental harmony.
- Coordinate quality team as inspectors, technician and auditors.
- Create dimensional records from drawing specifications.
- Complete process audits to assure the process control.
- Review quality documentation and records for completeness and accuracy.
- Assure product quality and quality system compliance.
- Enter data on quality records according to established procedures, manage and archive the documents control.
- Work with Maintenance / Production on continuous improvement activities based in quality methodologies as SPC, Cpk’s, Lean Manufacturing, Six sigma, etc.
- Maintains adherence to company policies, Safety/Quality/Delivery/Cost standards as outlined in roles and responsibilities of ISO 9001 Unimacts integrated management system.
- Attends safety meetings and training and follows all safety guidelines.
- Participates in job training as organized by Management.
- Implement new systems and methods when necessary.
Requirements and Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability to read and understand, drawings, specifications, standards and customer requirements
- Ability to document audit findings and results of quality checks.
- Experience in ASTM standards is a plus.
- Ability to communicate quality non-conformances in all departments involved.
- Must be able to implement Non-destructive testing.
- Strong GD&T interpretation and measurement abilities.
- Use AQL controls.
- SPC, Cpk’s, Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, SCAR, CAPA and CAR methodologists.
- Strong organizational skills, time management; ability to multitask and is action oriented.
- Other Attributes should include Self-directed requiring minimal supervision; urgency, and attention to detail and problem solving.
- Excellent communication skills, bilingual in English/Spanish a plus.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Materials or technical field desired.
- Experience in Steel Industry preferred.
- Three to four years’ experience as a Quality Inspector/Manager in a manufacturing environment required.
- Working knowledge of budgets and financial statements required.
- Experience with Lean manufacturing and continuous improvement preferred.
- Six Sigma certification a plus.
- Experience with ERP systems and manufacturing software experience preferred.
- Experience working with a quality control system (i.e., ISO9001) preferred.
Compensation: Competitive base salary plus performance-based bonus
For consideration, please e-mail your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.