Senior ERW Rolling Forming Machine Technician
Las Vegas, Nevada
Unimacts (UNX) is a leader in the Industrial Manufacturing Services space. UNX offers contract manufacturing and supply chain management services to industrial OEMs globally with a focus on the alternative energy sectors of solar and wind. UNX provides castings, forgings, fabrications, assemblies, and machine shop services, as well as complimentary quality, supply chain, and engineering services. UNX provides these solutions from its own factories in Mexico and Spain, operations centers in USA and Europe, and from partner supply factories around the world.
Unimacts is seeking to recruit Senior Machine Technicians /Line Leads to manage its ERW tube rolling equipment in our Las Vegas, Nevada operations. It will be the responsibility of the person in this role to lead and where necessary take a hands-on approach to managing the performance of this equipment. The Rolling Forming Machine Technician will set up, adjust, and maintain assigned equipment also responsible for the coordination of the line operators as line leader, quality, and safety on this equipment. Whilst this is a focused role, our employees are “industrial business athletes” and can be effective in many roles, therefore there will be opportunity to be trained to manage other equipment in this operation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage all aspects of the performance of the ERW Roll Form Equipment to achieve all expected Safety, Quality, Delivery & Cost objectives.
- Drive continuous improvement in the above objectives such that the lowest cost of conversion of raw material to finished product can be achieved.
- Carry out routine safety checks on the equipment, lead the team associated with ERW tube production to maintain safe working practices.
- Utilize SPC techniques to calibrate and adjust process inputs to ensure that finished product meets the customer specifications.
- Perform tooling change overs using SMED techniques to minimize changeover disruption in production flow.
- Performs preventive maintenance checks and inspections use TPM techniques to ensure maintenance and tooling repair actions are planned and taken before failure occurs.
- Repair and diagnose problems with ERW roll forming equipment to maximize OEE performance.
- Manage line performance to achieve daily production output and quality targets.
- Support the Production Supervisor coordinating the line operators’ activities.
- Enter data into the computer system according to established procedures.
- Maintains adherence to company policies, quality/safety/environmental standards as outlined in roles and responsibilities of ISO 9001 and the Unimacts Operating System.
- Participates in job training as organized by Management.
- Learn new systems and methods when necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Extensive hands-on experience in running ERW Tube Roll Form equipment.
- Knowledge of the function and detailed adjustment of electric resistance welding equipment.
- TPM experience, capable of setting up, performing and taking action on equipment using monitoring techniques, i.e. bearing temperature analysis.
- Applies proficiency skills in adapting procedures, techniques, tools, and materials and/or equipment.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common technical journals and blueprints.
- Ability to effectively present information to management.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a multiple variables.
- Demonstrate the ability to complete assigned tasks and maintain standard performance.
- Must have a good command of the English language.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong team player.
- Associate degree in Industrial maintenance or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three to six years of experience in roll forming equipment or related experience as a maintenance technician is required.
- Experience working with a quality control system (e. ISO9001) .
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing Statistical Process Control and continuous improvement techniques.
Compensation: Competitive base salary plus quarterly performance-based bonus
For consideration, please e-mail your resume, cover letter and compensation history to email@example.com