Strategic Sourcing Manager
Unimacts is a contract manufacturing and supply chain management company that focuses on the solar and wind industries. The company has operations in the US, Mexico, Spain, India and China. Unimacts’ primary end market of solar will be undergoing significant and rapid growth in light of the recent Inflation Reduction Act. This is an opportunity to join a fast-paced and dynamic company in the renewable energy markets. In addition, the parent company of Unimacts is backed by industry leading VC companies that have invested in some of the most well-known VC-backed companies in the world.
Unimacts is seeking a Strategic Sourcing Manager for its global operations. The key responsibilities of this person are to identify, screen, qualify and continuously coach and improve regional and global suppliers to meet Unimacts’ stringent quality standards for engineered industrial products and assemblies. This role will be responsible for the development and implementation of advanced supply chain strategies. The Strategic Sourcing Manager will develop and manage supplier contracts.
- Manage procurement of Steel commodities for the company: HRC, CRC, HDG coil, plate, Tubes and Long products ( Wbeam).
- Evaluating sourcing procedures and presenting improvement strategies to senior management for approval.
- Analyzing and calculating procurement costs and developing cost reduction strategies.
- Driving purchasing decisions based on cost and scenario analysis, as well as market trends.
- Negotiating contracts with key suppliers, including costs and terms of supply, service, and quality.
- Collaborating with the procurement department to identify and pursue new supplier opportunities.
- Conducting market research, as well as creating cost estimates and forecasts.
- Hiring, training, and managing procurement department employees.
- Estimating risks and applying risk minimizing techniques, as well as negotiating contracts that comply with industry regulations.
- Maintaining strategic sourcing relationships and developing strong partnerships.
- Improve the supply chain performance through improved supply chain planning practices.
- Manage competitive sourcing processes, RFPs, supplier selection, and contract processes.
- Understand the technology roadmap of critical suppliers and communicate throughout the organization with a formal commodity strategy.
- Manage supply base to ensure supply continuity, service, and quality.
- Personnel management skills to build team and individual skills and job satisfaction.
- Is a cornerstone of the organization, focusing on direct procurement support for vehicle related projects.
- Manage inventory to minimize risk and increase turn and cash flow.
- Provide leadership and direction for multiple operational units or disciplines through directors may manage managers.
- Comply with policies related to financial policies, procurement policies, confidentiality and risk management policies and communicate policies to suppliers and stakeholders to minimize risks.
- Partner with sales to improve economics and execution on deals and ongoing businesses.
- Identify new technologies and solutions for internal business partners.
- Establish relationships with suppliers to partner on strategy development and drive productivity, innovation, and continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, finance, logistics, or in a related field.
- Master’s degree in business or specialization in advanced procurement management will be advantageous.
- At least four years’ procurement experience in a related industry.
- 5-7 years procurement/sourcing experience.
- Required – Minimum 3-5 years of negotiation experience.
- Proficiency in sourcing software.
- Superb leadership and communication skills.
- Advanced ability to collaborate and negotiate.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Exceptional analytical and strategic thinking abilities.
- Willingness to travel to develop, promote, and maintain strategic sourcing relationships.
- Experience writing and reviewing complex agreements.
- Experience managing multiple request for proposal projects.
- Experience with data analysis.
- Global Leadership experience in Supply Management/Sourcing/Procurement/Business.
- Demonstrated Business and financial acumen.
- Experience with SAP, E Sourcing Platforms, Request for Quotation Tools, and Project Management Tools.
- International experience with exposure to High Growth Regions.
- ISO 9001and similar quality management systems certification requirements.
- Bilingual to include proficiency in English.
Compensation: Competitive base salary plus semi-annual bonus based on performance
Travel: 25 to 50% travel – both domestic and international
For consideration, please e-mail your resume and cover letter to email@example.com