Director of Engineering
US, Preferred Houston, Texas
Unimacts is a contract manufacturing and supply chain management company that focuses on the solar and wind industries. The company has operations in the US, Mexico, Spain, India and China. Unimacts’ primary end market of solar will be undergoing significant and rapid growth in light of the recent Inflation Reduction Act. This is an opportunity to join a fast-paced and dynamic company in the renewable energy markets. In addition, the parent company of Unimacts is backed by industry leading VC companies that have invested in some of the most well-known VC-backed companies in the world.
Our employees are “industrial business athletes” and can be effective in many roles, the key responsibility of this person is to both lead and where needed take a “hands on” active role in overseeing Unimacts product engineering operations and ensure that proper engineering procedures are followed.
- Plans and coordinates the work of engineering staff.
- Oversees engineering staff and ensures that they meet goals and objectives.
- Recruits additional engineering staff as needed.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Provides training and mentoring as needed.
- Consults with Chief Operating Officer and Director of Manufacturing to create long-range operating and manufacturing goals specific to the needs of the organization.
- Maintaining good relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Implementing best practice engineering methods.
- Providing technical guidance to engineering teams and top management.
- Managing and mentoring a team of engineers.
- Develops new products from concept to testing to production.
- Collaborates with marketing department to determine market potential for new products.
- Oversees progress and timeliness of projects.
- Reviews project reports to ensure projects are on schedule and within budget.
- Oversee front-end and back-end development teams and their projects.
- Monitor reliability and performance of all internal systems to suggest improvements.
- Ensure compliance with security regulations.
- Manage software development projects by setting requirements, goals and timelines.
- Prepare and manage the engineering department’s budget.
- Design strategies for future development projects based on the company’s overall objectives and resources.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business supply chain, operations, engineering, or related fields required.
- A minimum of five years of materials management experience in the areas of operations, production planning, purchasing, warehousing, and logistics.
- Experience in leading Lean/Six Sigma projects.
- Experience required with ISO 9001.
- Proficient with inventory reporting systems and ERP systems.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the proven ability to work well with all levels of management and staff.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent managerial and supervisory skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Extensive technical knowledge of engineering and product development in Steel Formed Components ( Roll forming, Tubes, Stamping, mechanical assemblies).
- Excellent financial skills and ability to analyze financial data.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required; Master’s degree in Engineering or Business Administration preferred.
- At least ten years of related experience required.
- Work experience as a director of engineering or in a similar senior-level position at an engineering department.
- Extensive experience with cloud technologies and modern human-computer interfaces.
- Hands-on experience in back-end and front-end development.
- Good understanding of agile methodologies.
- Leadership abilities with a strategic mind.
- Excellent project management skills.
Compensation: Competitive base salary plus performance-based bonus
Travel: 30%, domestic/international
Contact: For consideration, please e-mail your resume, cover letter and compensation history to email@example.com