Unimacts (UNX) is a leader in the Industrial Manufacturing Services space. UNX offers contract manufacturing and supply chain management services to industrial OEMs globally with a focus on the alternative energy sectors of solar and wind. UNX provides castings, forgings, fabrications, assemblies, and machine shop services, as well as complimentary quality, supply chain, and engineering services. UNX provides these solutions from its own factories in Mexico and Spain, operations centers in USA and Europe, and from partner supply factories around the world.
Unimacts has a global network of customer focused Logistics and Operations Centers (LOCs). LOCs are warehouses that also have paint booths, and the capacity to do light repairs, assemblies, and product kitting. UNX is looking for a hands-on LOC Supervisor to lead the efforts in our developing operations in Monterrey, Mexico. Initially, the LOC Supervisor will take the lead in receiving, warehousing, providing inventory controls, inventory cycle count, quality control and shipping of product in a manner consistent with company service, quality, and cost objectives. The LOC Supervisor will set the standard for warehousing operations and will be responsible for training and developing additional warehouse team members as they join the company. As the facility grows the LOC Manager will provide the leadership in the warehouse operation by training, monitoring, and continuously improving both systems and processes.
- Work cooperatively with warehouse, corporate staff, customers, and suppliers to ensure the quality and accuracy of product shipped to our customers.
- Maintain accuracy of inventory, preparation and processing of all daily paperwork and possess the ability to troubleshoot and solve daily shipping and receiving discrepancies.
- Establish and maintain an efficient plan for storage of all raw materials and finished goods.
- As operations grows have the ability to supervise warehouse employees in an appropriate manner regarding all aspects of warehouse activities including- prioritizing duties, delegating work assignments, and scheduling employees to optimize shipments, receipts, and inventory transfers, as necessary.
- As the scale of operations grows have the skills to oversee the appropriate training of new and present employees in the warehouse to achieve Unimacts standards for quality and safety.
- Ensure all quality standards and procedures are maintained, inspect product and material for quality and quantity.
- Maintain KPI records/reports for warehouse activities.
- Communicate effectively to ensure team members understand location goals, policies, and procedures.
- Maintain and create a safe, clean and organized facility ensuring both quality and productivity.
- Experience in warehouse, manufacturing, machine shop and quality environments.
- Demonstrated team leadership skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently with minimal direction and supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively with management team.
- Bi-Lingual – Spanish and English.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and institute and maintain organization are essential attributes.
- Working knowledge of quality control inspection procedures, use of instrumentation and equipment, and basic warehouse management inventory practices such as FIFO.
- Ability to safely operate and use a forklift to transport material from its storage location to staging, work or loading areas.
- Boots on the ground mentality, hands-on, pragmatic working style.
- Desire to improve and seek opportunities to improve warehouse operations.
- A personal values system encompassing a strong work ethic, integrity, stability, urgency, and a desire and willingness to assume responsibility.
- College Degree or equivalent related work experience.
- 5 years-experience in a warehouse or production environment.
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings, product specifications and technical standards.
- Experience operating a combilift.
- Working knowledge of ISO 9000 principles.
- Office 365 Microsoft experience.
- Experience operating power industrial equipment; welding knowledge a plus.
Compensation: Competitive base salary plus quarterly performance-based bonus
Occasional evenings and weekends may be required during critical shipping periods.
*Please note that this position will require you to work primarily on a concrete warehouse floor for the duration of your shift. Close-toed shoes are required, comfortable shoes are advised
For consideration, please e-mail your resume, cover letter and compensation history to firstname.lastname@example.org.