Remote, Las Vegas, Nevada based
Unimacts is a global contract manufacturing and supply chain management company that focuses on the solar and wind industries. The company has operations in the US, Mexico, Spain, India and China. Unimacts’ primary end market of solar will be undergoing significant and rapid growth in light of the recent Inflation Reduction Act. This is an opportunity to join a fast-paced and dynamic company in the renewable energy markets. In addition, the parent company of Unimacts is backed by industry leading VC companies that have invested in some of the most well-known VC-backed companies in the world.
The Material Manager supports the Operations and Commercial teams for Unimacts. The Materials Manager oversees inventory and purchasing operations. The Materials Manager will collaborate with engineers to determine material needed to completing manufacturing orders to specification. The Materials Manager will oversee the planning, procurement, storage, control, and distribution of materials and products according to company needs and customer requirements.
- Evaluating suppliers on the basis of delivery speed for their products and services, price and quality.
- Function as company purchasing agent for all direct materials, related to Steel Coil ( HRC, CRC, HDG).
- Directs material planning and scheduling based on sales forecasts.
- Maintains inventory levels to ensure deliveries occur within customer timelines.
- Interviewing vendors and visiting supplier distribution centers and plants to examine and learn about prices, products and services.
- Attending conferences, trade shows and meetings to network with suppliers and learn about new industry trends.
- Analyzing financial reports, price proposals and other information used to determine reasonable pricing.
- Negotiating contracts for the organization and working out agreements with suppliers for product delivery for product cost, delivery and other parameters.
- Meeting with vendors and staff to discuss unacceptable and defective products and establish corrective action; Assures write-offs on damaged or obsolete inventory to reflect the accurate value of inventory.
- Identifies opportunities to reduce materials and consumable costs and charges.
- Track material scrap and act or make recommendations to reduce or eliminate.
- Evaluating and monitoring contracts to ensure suppliers and vendors are complying with terms and conditions.
- Maintaining and reviewing records of inventories, product performance, deliveries, costs and items purchased.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business supply chain, operations, engineering, or related fields required.
- A minimum of five years of materials management experience in the areas of operations, production planning, purchasing, warehousing, and logistics.
- Experience in leading Lean/Six Sigma projects.
- Experience required with ISO 9001.
- Proficient with inventory reporting systems and ERP systems.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the proven ability to work well with all levels of management and staff.
Compensation: Competitive base salary plus performance-based bonus
Travel: Less than 10%, domestic/international
Contact: For consideration, please e-mail your resume, cover letter and compensation history to firstname.lastname@example.org