Unimacts (UNX) is a leader in the Industrial Manufacturing Services space. UNX offers contract manufacturing and supply chain management services to industrial OEMs globally with a focus on the alternative energy sectors of solar and wind.
Unimacts is looking for a Machine Operator for its Conroe, Texas operations. Our employees are “industrial business athletes” and can be effective in many roles, the key responsibility of this person is to take a “hands on” active role in the development of our Las Vegas plant.
The Machine Operator commissions, adjusts, repairs, and maintains assigned equipment, maintaining equipment safety conditions, production quality and availability of equipment for production.
- Keep the equipment in good condition.
- Report problems, breakdowns or defective components.
- Keep equipment working properly.
- Maintain order in your line of work.
- Comply with and enforce the established production plan.
- Keep production information up to date.
- Perform basic maintenance on the equipment.
- Give support if necessary to the maintenance department.
- Comply with product quality.
Requirements and Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Capture production information in established system.
- Change inserts.
- Change bits.
- Maintain the optimal operation of the equipment.
- Make it possible to meet the established goal.
- Keep track of the generated scrap.
- Report scrap.
- Generate material labels.
- Comply with and enforce safety and hygiene rules.
- Comply with the quality required by the product.
- Ensure that the team has the necessary tools to get the job done.
- Ensure that the team performs the work based on the work instructions.
- Ensure that the equipment has the necessary supplies.
- Perform cleaning on the equipment during the shift.
- Demonstrate the ability to complete assigned tasks and maintain performance standards.
- Ability to respond to common questions or complaints from supervisors and managers.
- Ability to work 12-hour shifts and overtime (if required) in a non-climate-controlled environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work in an environment of continuous change and accelerated pace.
- Work well as a team.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1 year of industrial workshop experience.
- At least 1 year experience in a leadership capacity.
- Experience in mechatronics.
- Experience in industrial manufacturing or metal transformation (Preferred)
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement (Preferred)
- Basic computer knowledge
- Basic maintenance experience
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Excellent vision or the use of prescribed lenses.
- Exceptional manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
- A sound understanding of pertinent safety guidelines.
- Capacity to provide and follow direction.
- Sharp decision-making skills, particularly when under pressure.
- Ability to work extended hours, as required.
Compensation: Competitive hourly rate
For consideration, please e-mail your resume, cover letter and compensation history to firstname.lastname@example.org