Mexico – Monterrey
Unimacts (UNX) is a leader in the Industrial Manufacturing Services space. UNX offers contract manufacturing and supply chain management services to industrial OEMs globally with a focus on the alternative energy sectors of solar and wind. UNX provides castings, forgings, fabrications, assemblies, and machine shop services, as well as complimentary quality, supply chain, and engineering services. UNX provides these solutions from its own factories in Mexico and Spain, operations centers in USA and Europe, and from partner supply factories around the world.
Unimacts is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer (ME) for its Monterrey Operations. Our employees are “industrial business athletes” and can be effective in many roles, the key responsibility of this person is to both lead and where needed take a “hands on” active role in the development of our Tijuana plant and local sub maquila supply chain capabilities.
This role will be responsible for managing metrics driven improvement projects, formulating analysis on future equipment purchases, facilitating implementation and installation plans, and implementing new processes into the factory as our product portfolio grows. We expect our business to develop into new business areas which will require expertise in assembly operations and machining of a variety of different industrial products. The successful candidate will have the capability to lead these developments.
The manufacturing engineering position will report directly to the plant manager and while principally plant focused will be expected to work directly with customers, suppliers and as part of multi-functional teams across the broader Unimacts network.
- Lead and action process development programs on our existing manufacturing equipment to improve our performance metrics.
- Implement new processes, for new products and expansion of current capabilities.
- Lead kaizen events, improvement workshops and team-based programs to improve performance.
- Manage capital investment projects. Upon approval, lead the execution against budget and implementation and installation of related equipment and/or procedures.
- Lead new product programs using APQP processes and the Unimacts Operating System (UOS) disciplines and controls, leading Design for Manufacture (DFM) and Lean 6 sigma-based thinking in process design.
- Support PPAP based introduction of new product programs, create work instructions and required process control documentation.
- Experience with automated assemblies’ processes and CNC Machining.
- Implement engineering change and associated process change.
- Calculate cost estimates for new product and process introduction.
- Be a leader of metrics driven continuous improvement.
- Strong leader of our Safety – Quality – Delivery – Cost based operational excellence culture.
- Creating drawings and/or schematics enabling communication and/or design of equipment.
- Coordinate equipment installation and start-up.
- Detail oriented, hands-on, self-starter, enjoys leading projects and ad-hoc global teams.
- 5+ years of engineering, manufacturing or sourcing of engineered mechanical components.
- Lean 6 sigma practitioner, able to select and implement tools and techniques in manufacturing operations.
- Ability to understand and analyze drawings and bill-of-materials; understand GD&T.
- Strong understanding and practical skills in the use of technical information and drawings.
- Practitioner in process control and quality tools / techniques, SPC GD&T gauge R&R etc. and ISO9001 QMS requirements
- Must be an excellent communicator and provide outstanding leadership.
- Project management skills, the ability to create and manage a project plan.
- Knowledge of relevant industry standards and specifications (ASTM, AWS, EN, ISO etc.)
- Strong computer skills – MS Excel, Word, Teams email etc. as well as basic CAD skills.
- Good understanding of manufacturing cost, able to do should cost analysis product cost estimates and throughput modeling.
- Multilingual – Spanish / English.
- Strong English skills including technical terminology.
- BS degree in Industrial or mechanical engineering.
Compensation: Competitive, bonus eligible
Travel: 10-20%, mostly domestic and possibly international
For consideration, please e-mail your resume, cover letter and compensation history to firstname.lastname@example.org.