Manufacturing Engineer- Automated / Robotic Assembly Specialist
Unimacts (UNX) is a leader in the Industrial Manufacturing Services space. UNX offers contract manufacturing and supply chain management services to industrial OEMs globally with a focus on the alternative energy sectors of solar and wind. UNX provides castings, forgings, fabrications, assemblies, and machine shop services, as well as complimentary quality, supply chain, and engineering services. UNX provides these solutions from its own factories in Mexico and Spain, operations centers in USA and Europe, and from partner supply factories around the world.
Unimacts is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer (ME) for its Tijuana Operations, whilst our employees are “industrial business athletes” and can be effective in many roles, the key responsibility of this person is to both lead and where needed take a “hands on” active role in the implementation and ongoing process management of automated and robotic assembly equipment in our Tijuana plant.
The manufacturing engineering position will report directly to the plant manager and while principally plant focused will be expected to work directly with customers, suppliers and as part of multi-functional teams across the broader Unimacts network.
- Lead the implementation of automated and robotic assembly systems.
- Lead and action process development programs on our existing manufacturing equipment to improve our performance metrics.
- Implement new processes, for new products and expansion of current capabilities.
- Lead kaizen events, improvement workshops and team-based programs to improve performance.
- Manage capital investment projects.
- Lead new product programs using APQP processes and the Unimacts Operating System (UOS) disciplines and controls, leading Design for Manufacture (DFM) and Lean 6 sigma-based thinking in process design.
- Support PPAP based introduction of new product programs, create work instructions and required process control documentation.
- Experience in the manufacture of electric motors or similar electrical assemblies to UL standards would be a benefit.
- Implement engineering change and associated process change.
- Calculate cost estimates for new product and process introduction.
- Be a leader of metrics driven continuous improvement.
- Strong leader of our Safety – Quality – Delivery – Cost based operational excellence culture.
- Creating drawings and/or schematics enabling communication and/or design of equipment.
- Coordinate equipment installation and start-up.
- Detail oriented, hands-on, self-starter, enjoys leading projects and ad-hoc global teams.
- Experience with automated assemblies’ processes.
- Understand the concepts and be a practitioner of control systems for automation systems.
- 5+ years of engineering, manufacturing.
- Lean 6 sigma practitioner, able to select and implement tools and techniques in manufacturing operations.
- Ability to understand and analyze drawings and bill-of-materials.
- Strong understanding and practical skills in the use of technical information and drawings.
- Practitioner in process control and quality tools / techniques, gauge R&R etc. and ISO9001 QMS requirements
- Must be an excellent communicator and provide outstanding leadership.
- Project management skills, the ability to create and manage a project plan, a plus.
- Knowledge of relevant industry standards and specifications (ASTM, AWS, EN, ISO etc.)
- Strong computer skills – MS Excel, Word, Teams email etc. as well as basic CAD skills.
- Good understanding of manufacturing cost, able to do should cost analysis product cost estimates and throughput modeling.
- Multilingual – Spanish / English.
- Strong English skills including technical terminology.
- BS degree in Industrial, mechanical engineering, Mechatronic engineering
- Needs to hold a passport and documented to travel to US for meetings/training.
Compensation: Competitive, bonus eligible
Travel: 10-20%, mostly domestic and international
For consideration, please e-mail your resume, cover letter and compensation history to firstname.lastname@example.org