Vice President of Operations
US based, Austin Texas preferred
Unimacts is a contract manufacturing and supply chain management company that focuses on the solar and wind industries. The company has operations in the US, Mexico, Spain, India and China. Unimacts’ primary end market of solar will be undergoing significant and rapid growth in light of the recent Inflation Reduction Act. This is an opportunity to join a fast-paced and dynamic company in the renewable energy markets. In addition, the parent company of Unimacts is backed by industry leading VC companies that have invested in some of the most well-known VC-backed companies in the world.
The VP of Operations, will report to the COO and be responsible for all supply chain and manufacturing operations. This position will work in concert with the COO and the team to develop the operating strategy for the business and as the company expands. Our VP of Operations will develop, mentor, and recruit the operations team to match the company growth.
This position will advance the current operating efficiency and processes of the company’s manufacturing plants internationally as well as working to enhance sourcing and supply chain demands for both in-bound materials and out-bound finished product. This executive will interact across all organizational lines of the business and will strive to improve the operating and financial results for the business. They will need to operate in a “hands-on” manner, indicative of an entrepreneurial company, where they are serving as the leading operations asset of the company, while serving as a key member of the executive management team.
The VP will be responsible for managing all operations and will report directly to the COO. The plant is a non-union labor environment and like many must manage through the constant demands of competing for capable labor and ensuring their non-union status is maintained. This position must be capable of working in a collaborative management style with their peers, direct reports and related staff.
In addition to driving CAPEX planning, the VP must ensure that any installation of additional equipment is completed in a timely and efficient manner and aids in the overall efficiency and Style Definition: List Bullet 2 profitability of the business. It will be the responsibility of this executive to enhance and improve the operating capabilities, and integrate future operations, to enhance performance both profitably and to maintain the quality of both product and client service.
As part of the Executive Team, this position will also interact with the Senior Executive Team and the boardroom. This position will report directly to the COO and will serve as a leader on the senior management team, interacting across all operating disciplines.
- Partnering with the COO, this executive will coordinate the operational planning process throughout the Company, gaining active participation of key members of management.
- Direct the Company’s operational and staff functions in total.
- This executive must be comfortable managing and driving plant and floor results and interacting with ad hoc and detailed Plant level issues in addition to the broader demands of operating as a strategic leader for the company, from the Board Room down.
- With the COO, establish and manage an ongoing quality and operational improvement program; identifying, assessing and driving process and procedural improvements, with the goal of increasing profitable returns and reducing costs, while maintaining quality and freshness in a safe manufacturing environment.
- Play a key role in executive management meetings, presenting relevant operational presentations and updates.
- This position will lead the overall feasibility of “probable to reality” on each project, in terms of production success potential, capital needs and quantitative results.
- This position must operate as a true strategic and tactical leader for the Company, managing, mentoring, and leading the Operations organization in total.
- Supply strategic financial input and leadership on decision making issues affecting the Company; i.e., profitability per product, market changes, cost of goods, operating efficiency and related operational insight.
- Play a leadership role with IT systems, including ERP, shipping and logistics, and other required programs.
- Work with the appropriate staff on all insurance, benefit and employee related legal issues.
- People oriented and results driven.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to adapt to the needs of the organization and employees.
- Ability to present at multiple levels within the organization, and to external stakeholders.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or equivalent. While not required, an advanced degree is preferred.
- A total professional experience base of 10-15+ years is required, with prior experience in a manufacturing or related business.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and have a dedication to “details” is required.
- Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills, plus excellent organization skills.
- A proven track record of performance, where timelines are achieved and deadlines are consistently met.
- Detail oriented and driven to succeed.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Personal Skills and Attributes
- A professional of the highest personal integrity who honors his or her commitments and always strives for excellence.
- A flexible attitude and ability to adjust as projects and initiatives demand.
- Must be well organized, results oriented and have superior business skills.
- Acts decisively to solve problems and create a path to solutions, empowering others to act.
- Helps others navigate change and uncertainty toward a desired future vision.
- Knows the business and is motivated by our mission – our strategy, brand and financial drivers.
- Demonstrates an enterprise mindset and ensures they support the needs of the broader business.
- A collaborative style with well-developed organizational “antennae.”
- Experience establishing, identifying and measuring metrics across an organization.
Compensation: Competitive, bonus eligible
Travel: Available for travel, domestic and international
For consideration, please e-mail your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.